Saturday, September 20, 2008

I love LA!

I'm sitting here on the 8 line big blue bus. I missed me stop on Barrington ave it seems. The diversity of people is a treat to the eyes.

I just arrived to promenade area! Boy am I far. Haha. I feel so alive being in LA. My teammates for the education program are wonderful. UCLA's teacher education program has a social justice agenda and it's really encouraging. Since I am called to teaching, I see a portion of what God is trying to do. While doing quiet time, God taught me about being faithful with all that He has entrusted me with. For instance, in the book of Daniel, the prophet Daniel administrated to the political needs of King Darius. Daniel was so effective in his performance that other officials out of jealously plotted to kill him. Thrown into a lion's den, Daniel was not eaten alive because the Lord protected him. Because of this, King Darius saw the special favor Daniel had on him, therefore made a decree that the god of Daniel shall be worshiped in the land. The way God works. Since I'll be working in a secular environment, there will be many challenges up ahead. Working in a public school can stifle my sole passion to make Jesus' name known; however God was teaching me through this quiet time that He is so much more powerful than my doubts. Oh how it always begins with a mustard seed of faith.

Living to see love acted out is so rewarding. God has been so good to me, for he disciplines those He loves. Pain is discipline, and lately I was having much of it! God was showing me how much I placed idols in my life, and through this painful experience, He will produce righteousness in me.

Meeting anna tonight for some LA fun again. Till next time, love you all!

No comments: