Sunday, March 23, 2008

Ointments and Pedicures


Pedicures loneliness.

My house mate Sophia, a women in her 30's, has been one of the most supportive people I've met since my arrival. Not only does she pray for me, but makes sure I am well taken care of physically. She gave me ointment to put on my itchy bug bites, and stopped by a pharmacy for bug spray. We then went out for a pedicure. :-)

Two new volunteers are staying in our house. They are from Chicago originally, but is now teaching at an International school in KOREA! I'm a Korean-American in Thailand. They are Americans who teach in Korea, but is also visiting Thailand. Sophia is Thai/Arabian, but is married to an American, and both stayed in Chicago for a while.
Talk about mixing cultures. How awesome it is that we are all saved by a savior who doesn't roll with racism.

It already feels like I've been here for a month! I still miss the people in California, but slowly, God is winning my heart back to himself by separating me from the familiar.

Some prayer requests:

Me: That I will continue to learn to rest in God's love. I will also learn to show more love to the fellow workers at Nightlight. I will supernaturally pick up the language especially during language school. Protection from bad dreams / mind battles after going into the strip bars (outreach: tues/fridays).

Sophia: Healing. Strength. Solitude with God. More blessings.

NL staff: More help. Joy. Blessings to pour out on them.

NL women: Deeper in God's love. Protection from foreign men with ill motives. Acceptance of Christ (not all are saved).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God protect her from bug bites and mind attacks. praying for you =)

brian said...

keep it up.