Friday, March 28, 2008

I Will Be Still and Know You are God

i think i understand why i am here...

or at least partially.

today,

during the afternoon, i stayed in the shipping and packaging room with three other thai ladies. i've heard through the grapevine that two of the three women in that room are somewhat unliked by the women at NL. i understood why. they are the "rough" types. they aren't the typical thai who smile and fall into grangjai (people pleasing). but the funny part of it is that i actually feel more comfortable with them. i think it's because i appreciate their "realness" if that makes sense. im not saying you have to be "rough" in order to be real, but it's the ones who aren't scared of people, God can turn around and make great evangelists too. or at least i've seen those types before. anyway, God provided an opportunity for one of them to open up to me. she talked about her ex-boyfriend (she broke it off yesterday) and how he broke her heart so much (he cheated on her). she went into more detail in her limited english. i was so honored for her to open up so easily. i had an opportunity to tell her "even though i dont know if you believe in Jesus, I will pray for you. " She is Buddhist, so keep her in prayer. i know God is bringing situations such as these to plant seeds. OhHhh I hope to see her accept Jesus one day! Anyway, the other girl ended up painting my fingernails a pretty pink/purple color. then, they invited me to go swimming on monday. i felt so loved!!! so tomorrow im going to buy a swimsuit! hooray!

instead of outreach i ate dinner on the street with some of the NL women. i felt so welcomed, embraced and cared for by them. their humility humbles me. and this is when i realized, the same longings to shepherd / care for / protect God's flock back home, I was seeing it emerging here. One of the women, Jat, taught me how to sing "Still" (By Hillsong) in Thai. It was such an awesome experience. Even the Thai worship leader was reluctant to help me, but God used her to teach me instead. God does always use what seems lowly in society to make the biggest impressions in people's lives... at least that is true to me. The word is so true...

It's becoming apparent to me. I am here to intercede, shephard, and enjoy God.
And when I'm focusing just one those three... I am so filled with smiles.

^_____________^

Prayer Requests:

1. Sophia (roommate): she took a couple days off to spend time alone with God (thank GOD, she needed it!). For God to bring more strength and discernement about a heavy situation in her life.

2. NL: For more prayer, more staff

3. NL Ladies: They will all (or at least most of them) realize the love of God (which brings to repetence / salvation).

4. Me: More love for that girl (read last entry). More intimacy with God. More divine appointments / opportunieis to speak with the women. I really really want to share the great gospel news, not just from words, but to befriend them, etc. But this takes a challenging to my comfort levels! Also, I'm taking language classes very soon. I want to pick up Thai quickly! (To converse with the women!).

Thank you!
All glory to Jesus.

No comments: