Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wineskins

I haven't felt the Lord for about 3 weeks now. I read the bible, I spend time worshipping in music, in FnF work, in whatever and yet I can't feel Him.

I've felt abandoned, frustrated, confused and everything else that a betrayed lover would feel.

Today I prayed and I came to realize something. Sometimes He's got to silence up a bit for me to not play games.
I've taken His grace for granted, made up excuses about my habits, and delayed those promises I've made, that someday I will create art for Him.

And a few hours ago, while in another frustrated prayer session, I think I heard Him speak:

"I've taken away the feelings so you can pour out into your gifts. Worship me through the talents I've entrusted to you."

God is indeed a genius.

Yes sir, will do. I will pour out all my passions to You, create pieces that speak of your glory and shake the confines of mediocrity.

It's time.

No comments: