Thursday, April 24, 2008

Chit Lom Shopping with a Wonderful Sister



If my parents had known how I came home today, they would be so upset.
I rode a motorcycle taxi home, during traffic, with the ground slippery from rain. If you know anything about people's observance of highway rules here, most make up their own. So, the motorcycle taxi weaves in and out of lanes, almost hits two cars. All the while, I am having a blast thinking to myself "I feel so dangerously cool."

Aside from that, I was with one of the women today in a shopping area in Chit Lom. Chit Lom is a glorified version of LA's fashion district. It's absolutely insane how cheap everything is here. I spent about 1100 baht. (That is about $35) which is a bit too much for Thailand! Haha. It's funny how God sends me to a place knowing how much I appreciate Fashion (with a capital F!!!). But, not to worry, I got me money's worth. Two fashionable tops (for school $7 each), two pairs of shoes (one for school, the other for necessity ( $1 and $6), earring holder, bracelet holder, wooden hand ring holder ($2, $2, $7), and a cool watch wristband!




More than the shopping, spending time with down-to-earth people is the best. For obvious reasons, I will abstain from using real names of the women I work with. This woman that I was shopping with, I will call her "Sa". Sa is such a blessing to me. She has leftover residues of broken relational boundaries (as I see that she cannot handle being single, or being with one man). But the beautiful part of this, is that she is so honest and upfront about her emotions and concerns. I LOVE people who are honest; deception is a detestable child of the Devil! She was the woman who opened up to me a few weeks ago. She is so bright, and I would love for her to go into another business in a few years. Or perhaps, bringing new changes that will result in higher sales at this organization. It's incredible how God truly uses those that are "little" in the world to shame the "proud". Sa's love for me is the most abundant and transparent here at the organization. She brings me little goodies to eat, asks me about my current relationship situations, and always tells me that she misses me when I am in the office room working. I am truly blessed to see that "humility" leaves a powerful impression. After all, it is the nature of Jesus. Why would a powerful God, lower himself to His creation, suffering abuse, rejection, and betrayal? Seriously. It can only be because of humility...and humility is LOVE.

I know Sa loves me.
God is continuously teaching me humility in all aspects; I am painfully learning it's language. Please keep me in prayer. I seriously need it right now.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I FOUND BONNIE KIM!!!!!!!! I had to go through typing in all the chapters and verses of ephesians and galatians to find you... bahahahah! that's how much i wanna hear from you!!!!! find me on facebook! i miss you!!!!