Tuesday, April 15, 2008









"Can you please move? The princess is coming."

I looked at my friends Katie, Allison and Dave. We started laughing, thinking to ourselves, "is this for real?"
And truth be told, the princess was to arrive to watch a movie with her entourage. The four of us, moved into the inner area of Starbucks as we watched guards clearing out the cineplex. We started cracking jokes (totally inappropriate, arrogant American behavior) about what the princess would look like. "If she doesn't come with a magical pumpkin carriage, I will be disappointed" says Dave.

As we were making jokes, a group of about 10 people walked by us. An overweight lady wearing a silk zebra patterned top led the way. There was a bit of commotion around them. Katie informed us that zebra lady was the princess. One of us cracked another joke, "That was the most anticlimactic entrance" and I remarked "I want a refund."
I know were horrible yes. But it was too funny at the moment.

Okay but aside from that... Thailand has this crazy holiday time called "Song Khran". During this time, (for about a week) the whole country goes into watery madness. Random people started throwing buckets of water on me while I walking to Starbucks. I was throurghly soaked and somewhat unamused by the time I sat in the squishy chair at SBX. During work hours (or after), all of us (staff and workers) had a mandatory water fight... it was crazy. But fun too.

No comments: